One thing we hear our students say is, "I wish I would've started sooner. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I started practicing when I was young."
It is common to feel stress EVERY day. It has become an ingrained part of our culture that it's even difficult to notice it in ourselves. Children are experiencing the demands as well, yet we struggle to offer them the tools to cope.
Yoga is gaining attention as a tool for stress management, for both adults and children. It has been proven to assist with developing focus and self-regulation skills. It also provides a way to improve their self-esteem by bringing attention to the body through self-awareness. If you're anything like us, these concepts didn't dawn on us until our mid-to-late 20's or later and we're still working on them.
So what would it be like to start young?
Well, this Baltimore school has replaced detention with meditation..
Click here to read what happened.
We are so excited to offer this 6-week series.
The request for it has been through the roof, so here it is!
The six week Children’s Yoga will focus on:
· Physical yoga poses
· Emotion Identification
· Education regarding benefits of exercise
· Integration of breathing and poses to connect the body and mind
Sessions will include yoga flow, meditation techniques, games that promote learning and understanding, arts & crafts centered around a benevolent theme, music, dancing, and more. All activities are designed for children ages 8-12.
TIME: 4:45 - 5:25p
DATES: Sept 27 - Oct 18
COST: $45 per child*
AGE: 8 - 12 years
- no drop-ins, each week is progressive in nature, building off of the week(s) prior
- there are no refunds or make-ups for sessions missed
- parents must sign a liability waiver at first session or prior to
- children may be dropped off and picked back up, but please be timely
- space is limited to 10