An ancient language of India, Sanskrit dates back over 3,500 years and is the predominant language of Hindu philosophy and our yoga practice. This is one through-line that most yogi's are adamant about maintaining but lack the resource to learn, pronounce, and use the language correctly.
So we bring you an opportunity to build your foundation in the Sanskrit language with local yogi and doctor, Sangeeta Agrawal. Sangeeta has been speaking Sanskrit from a young age and brings years of knowledge and practice. In our time together, you'll learn:
- how to pronounce sanskrit words correctly
- how to chant and pronounce the first four Yoga Sutras
- the importance of inflection in the sanskrit language
- how to pronounce common yoga postures
- translation for many common yoga postures
- a key to remember many of the translations
Space is limited—Register today!
When: Saturday August 18th
Time: 12:00 - 3:00p
Cost: $35 registration
Instructor: Sangeeta Argrawal