In traditional yoga, a "bandha" is a constriction, toning, lifting, or lock of a particular part of the body. It primarily refers to the three locks in the trunk of our body—mula bandha, uddiyana bandha, and jalandhara bandha. When engaged properly and safely, you will feel strong, light, and invigorated.
In this mini workshop, we will focus primarily on uddiyana bandha, or the upper abdominal lift. You'll learn:
- what uddiyana bandha is
- what it looks like in the body
- the actions needed to engage it
- uddiyana bandha breath/pose
- benefits of uddiyana bandha
- how to utilize it throughout your practice
Please do not eat two hours prior to this workshop.
When: Saturday Sept. 7th
Cost: $20 registration
Instructor: Justina Sanford